Allen Adomite is a native of Troy and a 1993 graduate of Triad High School. Allen attended the University of Missouri and graduated in 1997 from the School of Journalism and a Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Broadcast Journalism and a minor in Political Science. He continued his education in 2001 at Sourthen Illinois University at Edwardsville with a graduate internship in City Management and graduated with a Master's degree in Public Administration and Policy Analysis in 2003.
In the past 15 years, Allen has served in several different capacities in local, state and federal government, as well as work in advocacy-related non-profits. Allen has been the principal researcher and author of several important studies and reports regarding the Illinois civic justice system. His work has been featured by the American Tort Reform Association (ATRA), as well as cited by the Manhattan Institute's Center for Legal Policy, ABC's 20/20, the Washington Post and the New York Times. In 2003, Allen was honored with the legal Watchdog Award from the American Tort Reform Association. Allen has had the privilege to serve as staff for the Illinois General Assembly, the Illinois State Comptroller's Office, and for our local congressman John Shimkus.
Allen was first elected as Mayor of Troy, Illinois, in April 2013. Previously, eight years as Alderman and three years as Mayor Pro-Tem.
Allen and his wife Susan have an eight-year-old daughter, Allison.
Professional & Civic Affiliations
- Mayor, City of Troy, May 2013 to current
- President, Triad Schools Foundation Board
- President, Jarvis Township Seniors Board
- Edgar Fellow, 2013 Edgar Fellows, Institute of Government and Public Affairs
- Executive Board Member, Southwestern Illinois Metropolitan and Regional Planning Commission
- Board Member, Troy-Maryville-St. Jacob Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Southwestern Illinois Council of Mayors
- Member, Troy Lions Club
- Member, Silver Creek Rotary
- Member, Troy Historical Society
- Member, Troy United Methodist Church
- Member, Troy Comprehensive Growth Planning Committee
- Election Authority Liaison to the Madison County Clerk's Office
- Former Alderman, Ward III, City of Troy, 2005 to 2013
- Former Chairman, Troy Community Improvement Board
- Former Chairman, Troy Census Complete Count Committee
- Former Treasurer, Paul Simon Museum Board
- Former Board Member, RAVEN (Regional non-violence community education program)
- BBQ Judge, St. Jacob BBQ Society, Jakey in June