Public Works Water Department
The Public Works Water Department is open Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Customers may pay their water/sewer bills, tap-on-fee’s, rental deposit ($100.00) during business hours. The City of Troy Public Works Water Department also offers two drop boxes for payment which can be found on the South side of the double doors by the parking lot or at the water clerk’s counter.
If you have any concerns you may contact the Water Clerks at 618-667-9924 (Tracie at ext. 511 or Jen at ext. 512)
Water / Sewer Rates
All users pay on the 15th of each month for the water supplied through their water meters. Sewer cost is calculated for residential use based on metered water usage. The meters are read each month for a three (3) day period the first week of each month. Residents are asked to keep the area of the water meter clear of obstructions such as shrubs, vehicles, fence, debris, etc.
- Base rate for usage up to 2,000 gallons per month: $15.31
- Calculated rate per 1,000 next 9,000 gallons: 0.00574 (9,000 multiplied by 0.00574 equals $51.66)
- Calculated rate per 1,000 over 11,000 gallons: 0.00447
Out of Town
- Base rate for usage up to 2,000 gallons per month: $25.52
- Calculated rate per 1,000 next 9,000 gallons: 0.00925 (9,000 multiplied by 0.00925 equals $83.25)
- Calculated rate per 1,000 over 11,000 gallons: 0.00606
Water Utility bills are due the 15th of each month. A 10% penalty will apply to users account for payment not received by the due date. User accounts that are delinquent for a two (2) month period will receive a delinquent notice. If not paid by the due date the water meter will be shut off and a fee of $25.00 (Normal Business Hours) will be added to account to turn on. (After Business Hours) a fee of $50.00 will be added to account to be turned on. Once an account has been turned off for lack of payment, full payment must be made as well as the Service Charge fee to turn the water meter back on.
Return Check Fee
A $15.00 charge will be added for any returned checks received for payment of utility account.
(1-Inch Service) per unit
- In-Town: $4,350.00
- Out-of-Town: $4,850.00
Larger than 1-Inch Service: Time and Material will be added to the normal Tap-On-Fee
- Base rate for usage up to 2,000 gallons per month: $11.59
- Calculated rate by water usage over 2,000 gallons per month: 0.00527
- Base rate for usage up to 2,000 gallons per month: $20.33
- Calculated rate by water usage over 2,000 gallons per month: 0.00996
Sewer Tap-On: Per Unit
- In-Town: $4,850.00
- Out-of-Town: $6,350.00
- In and Out-of-Town: $100.00
Water and Sewer rates will have an annual increase in rates effective May 1st of each year until the year 2029. Current tap-on-fees will remain the same until further notice. Tap-on fees must be paid in cash or check only.